MANILA – Persons with disabilities (PWD) and solo parents in Manila have started receiving their share of the financial aid under the enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) aid from the national government.
Manila Mayor Francisco “Isko Moreno” Domagoso posted on his Facebook page Tuesday that the Manila Department of Social Welfare (MDSW) has already distributed financial aid to about 333,259 families, or 87 percent of total beneficiaries in the city.
The distribution is based on the list provided by the national government under the Social Amelioration Program (SAP).
Each PWD and solo parent will get PHP4,000.
“Kasabay ng distribusyon sa PWDs ay nagsimula na rin po ngayong araw, April 27, ang pamamahagi ng Manila Department of Social Welfare ng tig-PHP4,000 na emergency financial assistance mula sa national government na para sa solo parents na taga-lungsod (Together with the distribution for PWDs, the MDSW also started distribution of cash assistance from the national government to solo parents who are residents of Manila),” Domagoso shared.
He said he was informed by MDSW Director Re Fugoso that city still has enough funds left after finishing the distribution for families.
“So far, sinabi ko na sa inyo, mukhang me sosobra kasi maraming hindi matagpuan, maraming hindi makita, maraming lumipat na, 'yung iba naman ay patay na o 'yung iba ay talagang hindi lang makita (I have already told you that it seems that there will still be some available funds because we cannot find some of those in the list, maybe some have transferred residence, maybe some have already died, or maybe because we simply cannot find them),” Domagoso said.
According to the list provided by the national government, the following are the target beneficiaries of the ECQ cash aid: SAP beneficiaries under Bayanihan Acts 1 and 2; SAP wait-listed beneficiaries; those belonging to vulnerable groups such as low-income individuals living alone, persons with disabilities, solo parents, and the like; and other individuals affected by the ECQ as may be determined by the local government unit provided that funds are still available.
Domagoso said they are now on the third target group.
For those who have not received cash aid but were also affected by the ECQ, the mayor advised that they coordinate with the Manila City Hall or send a letter. (PNA)