MANILA – Police investigators are now tracking five persons of interest allegedly linked to a fake document supposedly announcing the appointment of a new commissioner of the Bureau of Immigration (BI).
"Sa ngayon ay may limang tao po tayong na-identify, kung saan ang tatlo po ay napadalhan na ng subpeona sa kani-kanilang known address. Samantala, ang dalawa pang personalidad ay patuloy na inaalam ang kasalukuyang tirahan (So far we have identified five people, of which three have been sent subpoenas at their known address. Meanwhile, we continue to track the addresses of two other persons)," Criminal Investigation and Detection Group director Brig. Gen. Ronald Lee said in a statement on Thursday night.
Lee, meanwhile, called for the cooperation of those who were initially identified to uncover the truth through the information that they will be providing.
He added that all pieces of information obtained will be subject to further evaluation and validation.
"Our appeal continues for those who may have information about the said incident. Seryoso po ang pangyayaring ito at magpapatuloy ang malalim na pasisiyasat para sa ikalulutas ng mapangahas na gawaing ito (This incident is serious and a deep investigation will continue to resolve this outrageous act)," Lee said.
On Tuesday, Malacañang ordered the National Bureau of Investigation and the Philippine National Police to investigate the release of the fake document.
The Palace earlier said no document for the position of BI chief has so far been issued by the Presidential Management Staff, Office of the Executive Secretary, or the Office of the President. (PNA)