Gun attack in GenSan decline - TrueID

Gun attack in GenSan decline

Philippine News AgencyJuly 13, 2021

GENERAL SANTOS CITY – The number of attacks by motorcycle riding-in-tandem suspects here reportedly dropped by around 30 percent since September last year as police units continue to intensify their visibility and security operations.

Col. Gilberto Tuzon, city police director, said on Tuesday they recorded a total of 52 shootings or gun-related attacks in the 26 barangays since he assumed office on Sept. 16 last year and until July 11.

He said the figure is 16 cases lower than the 68 recorded from Sept. 16, 2019 to July 11, 2020.

Of the 52 incidents under his term, Tuzon said 26 were cleared, 11 solved and 15 still under investigation.

A case is considered cleared when at least one of the offenders has been identified, there is sufficient evidence, and complaints have been filed before the prosecutor's office or the court.

“We remain focused to address the remaining unsolved cases and the in-depth investigations are ongoing,” he said in a presentation to the city council.

He said they have created a special team to handle these cases, especially in locating witnesses and suspects and filing the charges.

He said the eight police stations and other support units have intensified enhanced security and anti-criminality operations, which focuses on increased visibility in strategic areas.

This covers the regular foot and mobile patrols, checkpoint operations, and related activities, he said.

Tuzon said they have deployed more personnel in the cluster and border checkpoints to preempt possible movements of criminals. (PNA)

Read More
Loading...
Loading...
Loading...
Loading...