NegOr extends GCQ with heightened restrictions - TrueID

NegOr extends GCQ with heightened restrictions

Philippine News AgencySeptember 1, 2021

DUMAGUETE CITY – Negros Oriental has extended its general community quarantine (GCQ) with heightened restrictions until Sept. 7 as the province recorded its first four cases of the Delta variant of the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19).

Capitol spokesperson and public information officer Bimbo Miraflor on Wednesday said Governor Roel Degamo is not expected to issue a new executive order or resolution on the extension, which the national government had ordered last week.

The province will also not appeal the extended quarantine classification, he added.

Miraflor said the governor’s previous executive order on the GCQ with heightened restrictions will just be carried over.

During Monday’s meeting of the province’s Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID), Miraflor said they just “revisited the travel requirements for essential travelers and drivers and assistants of delivery trucks”.

“They are no longer required to present an S-PaSS (Safe, Swift, and Smart Passage) but will have to present their certificate of employment, and a vaccination card that shows they are fully vaccinated,” Miraflor said in mixed English and Cebuano dialect.

If they are still not fully vaccinated, they are required to present a negative result of the reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR), he added.

Although the province has already logged four Delta variant cases, Miraflor said they all have fully recovered but contact tracers are working double-time to locate the people exposed to them up to the third generation.

Negros Oriental was first placed under modified enhanced community quarantine from June 15-30, and was downgraded to GCQ with heightened restrictions from July 1-15 and extended since then until Sept. 7 as declared by the national IATF, he said. (PNA)

Read More
Loading...
Loading...
Loading...
Loading...