Despite without a franchise to operate on, ABS-CBN’s quality content is still getting great reviews.
Comscore, a leading and trusted source for television viewing data, said The Filipino Channel (TFC) dominated viewership in multicultural Asian households in the U.S. from June to July 2021.
TFC is ABS-CBN’s global flagship channel.
- TFC reached the most households among Asian networks with nearly 200,000 households, followed by Sony Entertainment TV Asia (Southeast Asian) and GMA Pinoy (Filipino);
- TFC got the most number of viewing hours in June and July in multicultural Asian households. In July, TFC’s viewing hours per household were 38 percent higher than the next most-watched Asian network. TFC logged in 58 hours of viewing per household compared to 42 hours of viewing per household for GMA Pinoy TV in the same month;
- On June, 18 the Top 20 shows were from TFC, while on July 19, the Top 20 shows were from TFC, with only one show from GMA Pinoy coming in at no. 17;
- TFC was the preferred channel among Filipino subscribers, being seen in 193,000 households as compared to GMA Pinoy TV’s 159,000 households in July;
- For June and July, data also showed that more viewers were tuned in to TFC than GMA Pinoy TV during the critical dayparts on weekdays and weekends.
ABS-CBN North America Managing Director Jun Del Rosario was happy to hear the network’s impact was acknowledged.
“We are delighted by what Comscore data are revealing about TFC compared to other channels in the same category,” he said.
“What is more interesting is that the viewing data in the U.S. as shown by Comscore mirrors those in Europe, Middle East, and the Asia Pacific based on viewing metrics of our digital platforms. This means, for example, that ‘Ang Probinsiyano’ is a top 10 program whether on cable, satellite, and digital platforms like iWant in North America, EMEA, and APAC. This says much about the wide appeal of TFC’s shows to different Filipino markets around the world.” he added.
Earlier this year, ABS-CBN TFC partnered with Comscore to get industry and market insights on content performance, audience behavior, and preferences based on national TV audience measurement in the U.S.
FPJ’s Ang Probinsyano and Huwag Kang Mangamba are statistically ABS-CBN’s best programs today.
TV ratings come from the measurement device placed on TV sets of selected households where TV ratings are measured.
Kapamilya programs are featured on the A2Z Channel 11 and TV5, which means their ratings are based on the available stations of the two TV networks.
A2Z and TV5 only have 18 stations combined, already including analog and digital. This hinders ABS-CBN from getting far greater ratings for its shows.