After its good showing in the rating game, GMA Network decided to extend the run of its family gameshow, Family Feud.
Initially, Family Feud, hosted by Kapuso prime actor Dingdong Dantes is set to run until December 2022 only.
However, after consistent good ratings and feedback from its viewers, the Kapuso network management decided to extend its run until next year.
“Ituluy-tuloy na natin iyan. Habang nagbibigay tayo ng kasiyahan, nakakatulong din tayo kasi ang mga televiewers, di ba, they can participate and also win.
“Siyempre, sobra kaming nagagalak kasi, di ba, it’s such an entertaining show. Hindi siya just because mataas ang ratings pero talagang yung feedback ng lahat na nakakapanood, lahat na nagpa-participate, enjoy na enjoy,” said GMA Network’s Senior VP for Entertainment Lilybeth Rasonable.
Rasonable also praised Dingdong for handling the show so well.
She said that with all the challenges that every Filipino family are facing right now, it’s good that there’s a show and Dingdong who can help them get through all those challenges.
“So, di ba? Ngayon ang kailangan natin, di ba, sa dami ng mga iniitindi nating problema sa buhay, we need a show that would get through all these challenges.
“And then, I’m sure, we’re very happy that Dingdong is doing so well. Ang galing-galing na niyang host. Yung rapport niya with people and the participants.
“Kaya happy talaga yung network that he’s doing so well.”
A recent rating report from Nielsen Philippines’ NUTAM People’s data on Monday, September 26, placed Family Feud in the number 3 spot on the rating chart with 13.8% ratings.
Family Feud has been consistently ranking 3rd in the rating board following the end of Kapuso sports-serye Bolera, which previously held that position.