These sweet swaps will satisfy your cravings!
Like chocolate dream cake?
Can you have your cake and eat it, too? Definitely! This gluten-free version retains the moist and fluffy texture that made this tasty treat oh-so-trendy.
(424 cal per slice)
Paleo Chocolate “Dream” Cake
(269 cal per slice)
- 150g cooked butternut squash
- 1 avocado
- 3 tbsp of coconut butter
- 4 tbsp of coconut oil
- Pinch of sea salt
- ½ cup of cacao powder
- 4 tbsp of cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp of carob powder
- Optional: 2 tbsp of honey
You Will Need:
- Mixing bowl
- Whisk or electric mixer
- Empty tin can
- Place the boiled squash and avocado in a bowl. Then add sea salt, coconut oil, cocoa powder, carob powder, coconut butter, honey, in that order.
- Now start whisking away until the batter is smooth.
- Next, transfer the mixture to a tin can and use the spatula to smoothen it down.
- Leave the container inside the freezer for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Once the cake is set, dust the top layer with a generous amount of cacao powder.
- Grab a spoon and dig in!
Like ice cream?
If you’re always screaming for ice cream then you might fancy a scoop of this healthier alternative to your frozen dessert.
(110 cal per 100g)
Fresh Fruit Yogurt Sherbet
(Greek Yogurt - 59 cal per 100g)
- 4 cups of any fruit
- ½ cup of Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp of honey
You Will Need:
- Blender or food processor
- Airtight container
- In a blender or food processor, add your favorite fruits then top it off with greek yogurt, vanilla extract, and honey then blitz it all together.
- Pour the smoothie mixture into an airtight container then leave it inside the freezer overnight.
- Grab a scoop and savor the fruity sweetness! You can even top it off with fruit slices.
For more Guilt-Free Foodie adventures with Chef Gerick Manalo, you can binge the entire series here.
Calorie count information is based on nutrionix.com